While having foods rich in color can look sexy, did you know that each color represents a specific health benefit?
- Chlorogenic acid boosts metabolism by altering the way glucose is absorbed by our body, and speeds up calorie burn
- Its anti-oxidants also help prevent premature aging
Veges: wakame seaweed, black sesame, black soybeans, kombu seaweed, burdock.
Fruits: blackberries, figs, juneberries, plums, prunes, purple grapes, raisins
- Colored by natural plant pigments called anthocyanins
- Anthocyanins, especially abundant in blueberries,
- Promotes healthy eyes.
- Also known to relieve hypertension.
Veges: red cabbage, sweet potato, eggplant, perilla mint, red lettuce.
Fruits: blueberries, figs, juneberries, plums, prunes, purple grapes, raisins
- Colored by natural plant pigment called chlorophyll.
- Chlorophyll helps detoxify our body and cleanses our colon, relieving constipation.
- Also aids our skin cells’ growth and repair.
Combo: Some greens (spinach and other dark leafy greens, green peppers, peas, cucumber and celery) contain lutein.
- Usually colored by natural plant pigments called carotenoids.
- Various vitamins and beta carotene.
- Beta carotene in these veges is converted to vitamin A,
- which promotes healthy skin.
- You might like to try:
- Colored by natural plant pigments called lycopene or anthocyanins.
- High levels of lycopene, known for its anti-aging properties
- are recommended for combatting wrinkles, age spots and sagging skin.
- Anthocyanins anti-oxidants protect cells from damage.
- Crucial in maintaining youthful skin!
Fruits: red apples, cherries, cranberries, pink grapefruit, red grapes, pomegranates, raspberries, rhubarb, strawberries, watermelon.
- Colored by pigments called anthoxanthins.
- Allyl sulfides helps in combatting fatigue.
- Also contains isothiocyanates, an anti-oxidant.
You might like to try:
Veges: chinese cabbage, onion, white radish, garlic, turnip, cauliflower, leeks, lotus root, bean sprouts, cabbage.